From: Charlotte Pettis
Subject: autoconf
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 14:12:38 -0500

List,

I have tried to configure autoconf for the Unix subsystem Interix with
no luck.  Is there anyone who uses OpenNt by SoftwaySystems and actually
configured autoconf correctly?  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks
in advance.

Charlotte Pettis

This is the message that I receive after giving the command:
% ./configure--host=-intel-pclocal-Interix

configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use
--host.
 If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.
checking for a BSD compatible install... /bin/install -c
checking for expr... /bin/expr
checking for gm4... /dev/fs/C/rstevens/m4-1.4/src
checking whether m4 supports frozen files... no
configure: error: GNU m4 1.4 is required