Re: A beta? 2.52e?

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: A beta? 2.52e?
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 03:43:24 -0700 (PDT)

> From: Akim Demaille <address@hidden>
> Date: 25 Oct 2001 12:12:48 +0200
>
> I think the general idea, rewriting/extracting from itself,
> is useful and could have other applications.

I agree with that.

> It was a good test bed for this scheme.

It's not such a good test bed any more, since it almost never gets
executed in practice....

> If you think it will break, let's remove it.

I don't think it will break very often in practice, as I don't think
it will hardly ever be executed in practice.

Given that you want to promote the general idea, it's OK with me if we
leave it in, but we should remember that it's not really being tested
any more, and thus not rely on the mechanism until it gets some real
tests.