Re: builddir vs buildpath

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: builddir vs buildpath
Date: 05 Dec 2001 10:49:09 +0100

>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Eisentraut <address@hidden> writes:

Peter> May I ask how the terminology "builddir" vs "buildpath" was
Peter> chosen?  In GNU terminology, "path" is only used as a search
Peter> path, which is a list of file or directory names.  (Refer to
Peter> the GNU standards if you don't believe me.)  The Autoconf
Peter> documentation also uses this term wrongly.

Peter> I think something like abs_builddir would be more intuitive.

I have no problems with this.