Re: autoconf choking on paths containing comma

From: Sascha Silbe
Subject: Re: autoconf choking on paths containing comma
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 18:41:58 +0200

On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 11:56:54AM -0400, Earnie Boyd [EB] wrote:

 EB> The autoconf team chose to use a comma `,' character in the sed command
because they reasoned that most persons wouldn't have path names with commas.
Most, but not all.

 EB> Yes it is.  Change your path names.
That's a very narrow attitude. "If autoconf does not work for you, your
environment is broken". I'm glad not everyone thinks this way.
The solution is as simple as obvious and used everywhere else: Quote data if it
could contain special characters that would be misinterpreted otherwise.
Fortunately, autoconf is not used by anything critical, so this bug it cannot
be abused.

CU/Lnx Sascha