Re: Backwards compatibility: time_t test

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Backwards compatibility: time_t test
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 22:06:03 -0700 (PDT)

> From: Lars Hecking <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 20:06:51 +0100
>
>  Can anyone suggest a test for time_t that works with both 2.13 and 2.5x
>  and doesn't require acconfig.h?

How about if you create an acconfig.h just before running Autoconf 2.13?
(If you're running Autoconf 2.5x, remove acconfig.h first.)
That way, 2.13 will be happy, and Autoconf 2.5x will be happy too.
You can arrange for this by coding the makefiles appropriately.

(Here is where I duck and run before someone throws a tomato at me.....)