Re: macros for rpath support

From: Bruno Haible
Subject: Re: macros for rpath support
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 14:09:16 +0200 (CEST)

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh asks:

> is it easy to _disable_ such feature?  We have our own reasons for
> not wanting rpath information in our Debian packages

Yes. You simply specify --prefix=/nonexistent at configuration time.
At installation time you use "make install DESTDIR=/tmp/destdir" and
then move the installed files from /tmp/destdir/nonexistent to
/usr/local or wherever you want to have them.

But you should know that by doing this you push the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
problem back to the user (unless you already deal with it in some
way).

Bruno