autoheader

From: Stefan Seefeld
Subject: autoheader
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 00:24:07 -0500

hi there,

I just upgraded from autoconf 2.52 to autoconf 2.53,
and I get quite a number of warnings due to the fact
that I'm still using acconfig.h. I'm being suggested
to use the third argument of AC_DEFINE instead to
provide a template for the config.h.in file I want.
Reading up on the autoconf docs, I read about
AH_TOP and AH_BOTTOM, which I need since the header
I want to generate contains something like

#ifndef HAVE_STRSIGNAL
#include <signal.h>
inline const char *strsignal(int signo) { return _sys_siglist[signo];}
#elif NEED_DECLARATION_STRSIGNAL
extern "C" const char *strsignal(int);
#endif

These declarations mandate the use of header guards, so
I write

AH_TOP ([
#ifndef _Prague_config_hh
#define _Prague_config_hh
])

and

AH_BOTTOM([
#ifndef HAVE_STRSIGNAL
#include <signal.h>
inline const char *strsignal(int signo) { return _sys_siglist[signo];}
#elif NEED_DECLARATION_STRSIGNAL
extern "C" const char *strsignal(int);
#endif

#endif
])

into my configure.ac file. However, the AH_TOP doesn't appear to
have any effect, the generated config.h file contains
the stuff from the AH_BOTTOM macro, but not from the AH_TOP
macro.

Any ideas as to what I could have done wrong ??

Thanks,
                Stefan