2.53 and m4_patsubst/m4_regexp?

From: Harlan Stenn
Subject: 2.53 and m4_patsubst/m4_regexp?
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 06:11:23 -0400

So I have a seemingly "normal" configure.in and when I run autoheader I
see:

 % autoheader
 configure.in:28: warning: do not use m4_patsubst: use patsubst or m4_bpatsubst
 configure.in:37: warning: AC_PROG_LEX invoked multiple times
 configure.in:1051: warning: do not use m4_regexp: use regexp or m4_bregexp
 autoheader: `config.h.in' is created
 %

Line 28 is: AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)

Line 37 is AC_PROG_LEX (the only place I say AC_PROG_LEX, no surprise there).

and line 1051 is: AC_OUTPUT

So what's the deal with the warnings about m4_patsubst and m4_regexp and
how do I make the m go away?

Harlan