Re: functions in different libraries on different OSes.

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: functions in different libraries on different OSes.
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 13:34:26 -0700

Ollie Cook wrote:

> There may be other methods of getting socket() on other OSes, for all I know.
>
> What is the correct way to diagnose how to get socket(), or any other
> function,
> on a given OS, and to build the software appropriately, using autoconf?

Search one (or both) autoconf archive sites:

  http://ac-archive.sf.net
  http://www.gnu.org/software/ac-archive

Next fallback (my opinion), is get help writing a macro:

  http://autogen.sf.net/conftest.html

If that is too confusing, let me know so I can clean it up
and then try to adapt a macro from above to your needs.