Re: autoreconf behavior

From: Walter E. Brown
Subject: Re: autoreconf behavior
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 12:58:41 -0600

Thank you for the (very!) prompt and helpful replies.

I don't know, of course, what you might have in mind regarding your
comment, "We ought to do something about this."  However, as a first step,
I would respectfully suggest that any such ordering dependencies (at least
any that become known as "a classic gotcha"!) be noted wherever the macro
is described in the documentation.

As a possible alternative starting point:  Is there a canonical list of
macros that must precede AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE?  How about those that must
precede AC_PROG_LIBTOOL?  Are there any general rules to follow (beyond
those that autoheader imposes)?

In any event, my immediate problem is now solved.  Thanks again.

        - WEB