Re: Is AC_FUNC_MALLOC more trouble than it's worth?

From: John Burger
Subject: Re: Is AC_FUNC_MALLOC more trouble than it's worth?
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 10:48:04 -0500

... I am rather mystified as to why someone
would want to malloc(0).. if you have any examples as to how that might be
interesting to do, that would be helpful :)

I don't think anyone would explicitly call malloc(0). But if you're computing how much space to allocate somewhere, you need to special-case when the computation results in zero, unless you know malloc(0) works.

- John Burger
  MITRE