Re: Autoconf Digest, Vol 3, Issue 18

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Autoconf Digest, Vol 3, Issue 18
Date: 13 Feb 2003 16:01:28 -0800

Dan Kegel <address@hidden> writes:

> What about 3.2.2?  Is it higher quality in your opinion?

3.2.2 still miscompiles Samba on sparc with -O2, so I'm still leery
I'm afraid.

If your program is simple, and doesn't have procedures with lots of
arguments, some of which are "double" or "long long", you should be
OK.  I'd trust it to compile "cat", say; but not Emacs.  Also, if you
turn off optimization you should be OK; but that's a bit drastic.