Re: backward compatability of tools

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: backward compatability of tools
Date: 23 Feb 2003 19:32:37 -0800

"Thomas E. Dickey" <address@hidden> writes:

> > > changes were made to autoconf
> > What changes are you talking about, exactly?
> > > which made it incompatible with known, widely-used versions of Bourne
> > > shell
> > Which versions of the Bourne shell are you talking about here, exactly?
>
> I'd refer back to the mailing list archive from early last year,

That's pretty vague.  I tried finding the discussion that you're
referring to by searching for "Bourne AND Dickey" in both the autoconf
and bug-autoconf archives.  I didn't find anything (other than the
current discussion).

If you can supply a URL then I can investigate whether such a bug
still exists in the current version of Autoconf.