Adding a path for library checking.

From: Michael Maillot
Subject: Adding a path for library checking.
Date: 24 Feb 2003 09:33:09 +0100

Hi everybody,

I'm using Autoconf (2.57) and automake to generate a makefile for my
program. My program uses libraries I made. Let's say I put them in
/home/maillot/local/lib.

In order to check for one of these home made libraries, I add these
lines in my configure.in:

LDFLAGS="-L/home/maillot/local/lib $LDFLAGS"
AC_SUBST(LDFLAGS)

# and then
AC_CHECK_LIB(name_of_lib_without_prefix_lib, func_in_my_lib)

The problem is this test fails:
"checking for e_fpl_table_new in -lefpl... no"

So I tried to invoke my ./configure this way:
"./configure LDFLAGS="-L/home/maillot/local/lib"
But the test fails again, as I expected.

What did I do wrong? I checked for any possible spelling mistake (on
path name, library name and function name), so I really can't see where
this problem might come from (probably something really supid I forgot
to do!)

Thanks in advance!

Michael.

P.S.: Of course, I searched in the archive for possible discussion about
any similar problem. But I've already done what I found in the answers.