Re: automatic caching

From: Alexey Morozov
Subject: Re: automatic caching
Date: 08 Apr 2003 17:05:43 +0700

В Втр, 08.04.2003, в 07:17, Patrick Welche пишет:
> I see in the fine manual under "Existing Tests", These tests ... cache their
> results for future 'configure' runs, and AC_CHECK_LIB is one of them. How
> can one turn this caching off?
When I asked this question a while ago, I got answer like "use
AC_{COMPILE,LINK,etc}_IFELSE macros family instead of AC_CHECK_{HEADER,
LIB, etc}". Although I still think, this way is not quite convenient,
but nevertheless it works. Another possible way is to 'unset'
appropriate cache variables (like 'unset ac_cv_header_oci_h') between
two subsequent tests but 'unset' is marked as being non-portable.

> this is with today's CVS code - it worked back in January when I first wrote
> configure.ac...
Hmm, I thought this code is much older...