Runtime exception in creating content of .deps/

From: Benjamin Sailer
Subject: Runtime exception in creating content of .deps/
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 19:23:04 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

using autoconf / automake to create a reasonable build enviroment
for our project, I discovered something looking like a Limitation/Bug
when running the configure-script.

The Software should be compiled and installed on a Motorola 68040 VME
CPU having only 16MB memory, using a realtime operating system
(LynxOS 2.5), that probably limits the number of processes to be
invoked at a time (but it is only a guess that this could cause the
failure)

The project has about 40 compilation units and while configuring
the script fails with the error message:

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating scripts/ctrl
config.status: creating config.h
wait_for: No record of pid 512
Tell deliberately-anonymous to fix this someday.
Stopping address@hidden
/hades/usr/hades/oct02/build/m68k-unknown-lynxos/runctrl ]$

while some of the files are already there but empty, some are even
missing.

The configure-script was created using

autoconf-2.53-7
(together with automake-1.6.3-5)

on a RedHat 7.3 box with the autotools from the rawhide branch.

Any clue what happens there?  Is there a solution available?

Thanks

Benjamin

Benjamin Sailer
eMail: address@hidden
Disclaimer:  This signature has been generated automatically and
does not reflect my opinion at all.
                -- Benjamin Sailer

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.