Can not configure MSVC++

From: Xiaowen Wang
Subject: Can not configure MSVC++
Date: 10 Apr 2003 17:40:39 -0500

Hi:
I've been trying to port a unix app to win32 using cygwin and
autoconf/make. The configure fails when I specify CC=CL and also specify
LDFLAGS="/link /libpath:xxx". THe reason to customize the LDFLAGS is
because I need to use some customized libraries in non standard path.
The relevant portion in the config.log reads:

configure:2122: checking for C compiler default output
configure:2125: CL   /link /libpath:e:\ordev\nlibs\blas conftest.c  >&5
Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 12.00.8804 for
80x86
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-1998. All rights reserved.

Command line error D2003 : missing source filename
configure:2128: $? = 2

Would someone please show me an example configure.ac working in win32
that has config for f77, customized dll and c/f77 mixed calling
convention using MS VC++ and Compaq Fortran?

Thanks
XW