Re: Any tips for how do Makefile.am if LOTS of source files???

From: Dr. David Kirkby
Subject: Re: Any tips for how do Makefile.am if LOTS of source files???
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 21:52:49 +0100

address@hidden wrote:

> I am a beginner to Autotools.  I just successfully
> used it for toy programs and am happy with it so far.
>
> What if I wanted to use it for *real* work on a project
> with say 200 source code files???

You do need to list all the files, but its not that hard. This two
line script

# !/bin/sh
ls *.c | awk '{ print $1,"\\"}'

lists all the .c files in a directory and formats them in a convenient
way for including into automake, requiring minimal effort.

atlc_SOURCES =
atlc.c \
finite_difference_single_threaded.c \
finite_difference_mpi.c \
finite_difference_multi_threaded.c \
etc etc.

There's a lot I find going with autoconf/automake, but you listing the
source files is not one of them.

--
Dr. David Kirkby,
Senior Research Fellow,