Re: Configure test output split

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: Re: Configure test output split
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 01:41:08 +0200

Jay Cornwall schrieb:
Hi

I've written a configure test using AC_RUN_IFELSE, and a stripped down
version of my configure.in looks like:

AC_INIT(test,0.1)
AC_LANG_C

+ AC_PROG_CC
+ dnl see AC_REQUIRE why that code was automatically inserted
+ dnl and executed upon hittig AC_RUN_IFELSE-AC_LANG_PROGRAM

AC_MSG_CHECKING([for MMX support])
AC_RUN_IFELSE(
    [AC_LANG_PROGRAM([[]],
                    [[ exit(0); ]])],
    [AC_MSG_RESULT([yes])],
    [AC_MSG_RESULT([no])],
    [AC_MSG_RESULT([no])]
)

AC_CONFIG_FILES([ Makefile ])
AC_OUTPUT

The configure test runs fine (obviously with real code inserted), but
the output seems to be split in two by other configure tests:

address@hidden test]$ ./configure
checking for MMX support... checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile

Could anyone point out what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers,
Jay