Re: conditionally compiling C++ code

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: conditionally compiling C++ code
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 11:37:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Sander Niemeijer wrote:
> > I was just wondering, but aren't the --with-PACKAGE/--enable-FEATURE
> > options of configure meant for this?
> Exactly, and it is up to the author of the configure.ac file to make sure
> these options work as they're supposed to. Your way of handling these
> options (snipped) is the right way *if* the macros can be run optionally -
> and this should, IMHO, always be the case (except for macros of vital
> importance to configure itself, such as AC_INIT.

however - backtracking - the original point was that this was what someone
wanted to do; it doesn't work because that choice was removed (iirc, in
2.49a), and there is explicitly (we've discussed this more than once in
the past 4 years) no support for it in current autoconf.

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net