how can I rebuild autoconf.m4f ?

From: Michel LESPINASSE
Subject: how can I rebuild autoconf.m4f ?
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 01:40:06 -0700

Hi,

As a package maintainer, I've had to fix a problem for one of my
users, who's trying to use my package on HP-UX. This does not work
because my package is trying to use AC_CHECK_FUNCS([gettimeofday]),
which is broken in autoconf 2.57 as I've noticed reading
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2002-12/msg00089.html

So - I noticed the patch that was mentionned in that thread, and saw
if has beenapplied in autoconf CVS, so I thought I should just apply
it over my local autoconf installation and that should fix this user's
issue. So I went ahead and applied the patch over my
/usr/share/autoconf/autoconf/c.m4 file. However, it turns out this is
not sufficient - I should also rebuild the autoconf.m4f file, which
contains a precompiled version of the other files.

Anyone know how I can rebuild autoconf.m4f ? I have not been able to
find any clues in the docs and/or in google.

It'd be nice if you could copy me in your replies, as I'm not on the list.

Thanks,

--
Michel "Walken" LESPINASSE
"In this time of war against Osama bin Laden and the oppressive