Re: ping: updating Fortran support for f9x?

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: ping: updating Fortran support for f9x?
Date: 07 Jul 2003 09:47:45 -0700

"Steven G. Johnson" <address@hidden> writes:

> http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf-patches/2002-11/msg00009.html

Akim understands the issues here better than I do, and I defer to his
expertise here.  However, he's been busy so I'll step in and give my
own reaction.  I think these changes will be improvements to Autoconf
even if they're not perfect and can be improved later, so I'm inclined
to accept them.

A few things, though:

* We need copyright papers from you for a big change like this.
  I'll follow this up via private email.

* The changes need documentation, both in NEWS and in autoconf.texi.

* We need to integrate the changes into the current CVS autoconf.
  (I don't think this should be too much trouble.)

PS.  Thanks for bugging us about this again.