Re: (long) handling perl modules in mixed language source packages

From: Alan D. Salewski
Subject: Re: (long) handling perl modules in mixed language source packages
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 18:31:51 -0400

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 05:18:05PM -0400, Alan D. Salewski spake thus:
*snip*
> One thing I noticed while making my changes for this version is that the
> $pkglibdir shell variable is not available within the configure script;
> it is only available in the generated Makefile.in files.

What I meant to say, of course, is that although the /make/ variable
$(pkglibdir) is defined in the 'Makefile.in' files, the shell variable
$pkglibdir is not defined in 'configure'. This is different, in my
experience, from bindir (for instance). $(bindir) is defined as both a
make variable in the 'Makefile.in' files, and $bindir is defined as a
shell variable in the generated 'configure' file.

-Al

--
a l a n   d.   s a l e w s k i             address@hidden
 We have announced an absolutely portable multitasking mechanism.