HPUX and +DAportable

From: Joe Buehler
Subject: HPUX and +DAportable
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 09:34:38 -0400

I have a mix of PA-RISC 1.1 and 2.0 processors and am continually having
to manually add +DAportable to compile flags in order to get binaries to
run on both kinds of machines (since I compile on a PA-RISC 2.0 machine).

Is there some reason this is not currently added by autoconf?  I did not
find anything apropos in the mailing list archives.

The IBM AIX compilers do the equivalent of +DAportable by default.  For HP,
you have to tell the compiler to produce a binary that will run on various
kinds of processors.
--
Joe Buehler