Re: compile order of LDFLAGS and LIBS

From: Brian White
Subject: Re: compile order of LDFLAGS and LIBS
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:22:59 -0500

> > The scripts generated by "autoconf" will make use of any existing LIBS
> > environment variable in much the same way as CFLAGS and LDFLAGS are used.
> > When doing tests for libraries, the lib being tested is prefixed to that
> > variable and the test made.
> >
> > However, the value of the LIBS envionment variable is not saved in the
> > "config.status" file to be used again when "./config.status --recheck"
> > is run.  Thus, it is possible to have it configure correctly the first
> > time but not when it is re-checked.
>
> Is this also true if LIBS is specified on configure's command line
> rather than as an environment variable?  It seems to me that
> config.status should save the entire configure command line.

Yes.  In fact, that was how I did it.  In both cases the value is passed
as an enviroment variable to the application.

    CFLAGS="..." LDFLAGS="..." LIBS="-lc" ./configure --host=m68k-elf

                                          Brian
                                 ( address@hidden )

"The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the
circumstances they want and, if they can't find them, make them."  -- G.B. Shaw