Re: bad interpreter

From: Richard Dawe
Subject: Re: bad interpreter
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 20:44:37 +0000

Hello.

mitchese wrote:
under Mandrake 9.2, I've been getting an error that I can't seem to work
out.

address@hidden solange]$ ./configure
: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

It's probably the most simplest thing that I have over looked.

Any ideas?

The configure script has the wrong line endings (DOS format?) or a stray carriage-return (CR)- perhaps it has been FTP'd in binary mode instead of ASCII mode. Anyhow, try fixing the line endings using dos2unix:

    dos2unix configure

HTH, bye, Rich =]

--
Richard Dawe [ http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~phekda/richdawe/ ]

"You can't evaluate a man by logic alone."
  -- McCoy, "I, Mudd", Star Trek