Re: PACKAGE_NAME, PACKAGE_VERSION etc

From: Rüdiger Kuhlmann
Subject: Re: PACKAGE_NAME, PACKAGE_VERSION etc
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:02:24 +0100

>--[Bruce Korb]--<address@hidden>
> Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> > On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Daniel Reed wrote:
> > > On 2004-02-18T00:31-0000, Balint Joo wrote:
> > > ) /* Name of package */
> > > ) #define PACKAGE "qdp"
> > > ) The trouble is that when we configure two packages,
> > > If at all possible, simply do not include both config.h files in your
> > > code.
> > This is not very efficient and
>
> Why not just incorporate some variation on the "prefix" macro
> that modifies the names of all the #define-d macros?
>
>    my-config.h : config.h
>        sed 's/^#define /#define MY_/' config.h > $@
>
> Install "my-config.h".  Simple.  Effective.  Auto-somethingorother
> ought to be configurable to insert the prefix on its own, but this
> isn't exactly rocket science, either.

You could actually use the macro from the macro archive that does just that,
though while configuring.

http://ac-archive.sourceforge.net/Miscellaneous/ax_prefix_config_h.html

That way, you can access each other's configuration if you want to, while
each package uses (_only_) it's own config.h, but may use the other's
prefixed config.h.

--
         100 DM =  51  € 13 ¢.
         100  € = 195 DM 58 pf.