Re: ac_arg_enable invalid option

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer
Subject: Re: ac_arg_enable invalid option
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 16:30:32 +0200

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 03:40:04PM -0700,
 John Ling <address@hidden> wrote
 a message of 21 lines which said:

> Hello, I am currently using ac_arg_enable to define several
> --enable-feature options.  However, if a user were to specify an
> --enable-feature option that was invalid (that I did not define in
> my configure.ac).  How can I detect this and stop the configure
> process from continuing.

It is a feature, not a bug. From the documentation, node "Choosing
Package Options":

   `configure' scripts do not complain about `--enable-FEATURE' options
that they do not support.  This behavior permits configuring a source
tree containing multiple packages with a top-level `configure' script
when the packages support different options, without spurious error
messages about options that some of the packages support.  An
unfortunate side effect is that option spelling errors are not
diagnosed.  No better approach to this problem has been suggested so
far.