Re: setting CXXCPPFLAGS

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: setting CXXCPPFLAGS
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 20:17:33 -0500 (CDT)

CPPFLAGS is used by both C and C++.

You can override the build rules that Automake inserts by doing a cut-and-past of selected rules from an Automake-generated Makefile and placing them in your Makefile.am file. You can modify your custom version of the build rule to use an extra variable which is initialized via the configure script (or hard-coded).

Bob