recommended library names...

From: Chris Bowlby
Subject: recommended library names...
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 15:35:04 -0300

Hi All,

I've been working on a somewhat extensive package that incorporates several compiled library files that were written specifically for the package. When I execute automake, I get this error:

cd ../.. && /usr/local/bin/bash /home/excalibur/erserver/test/scripts/missing --run automake-1.8 --gnu src/structures/Makefile
src/structures/Makefile.am:1: `structures.a' is not a standard library name

The makefile.am file is defined as:

noinst_LIBRARIES = structures.a

structures_a_SOURCES = Table.cxx

INCLUDES = address@hidden@/

What is the proper format for that name of the library so that I can avoid those automake errors?