Re: AC_ARG_WITH

From: Braden McDaniel
Subject: Re: AC_ARG_WITH
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 18:21:16 -0400

On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 17:53, Thiago Mello wrote:
> I'm beginning with in autoconf and I want to use the configure style to
> implement my project.
>
> I'm trying to inform the compiler that when the user do something like this:
> ./configure --with-libfoo=/home/thiago/lib
>
> The compiler link the makefile with the library that the user have
> specified, or if is not specified it will try to find in the
> path.
>
> How can I do this?!

Look around for a project that does it--there are lots--and look at how
they do it. You may want to look at smr_WITH_BUILD_PATH in the macro
archive <http://www.gnu.org/software/ac-archive/>.

But I think you'd just be adding complexity to your package's configure
script UI. Without you doing anything other than simply checking for the
library your users can do this:

        ./configure CPPFLAGS='-I/home/thiago/include'
LDFLAGS='-L/home/thiago/lib'

--
Braden McDaniel <address@hidden>