Makefile.am and configure.ac Help!

From: William Estrada
Subject: Makefile.am and configure.ac Help!
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:39:23 -0700

I have been trying to use Autotoolset for about two days now. I am at a point that I need some help.

I have a set of Rexx fucntions that I am porting from IBM Rexx to Regina. My problem is that my configuration does not create the librxpipe.so file. I am sure that it is a simple problem of understanding the
Makefile.am or configure.ac files.  The two files look like this:

#                                               -*- Autoconf -*-
# Process this file with autoconf to produce a configure script.

AC_PREREQ(2.58)
AC_INIT(RxPipe, 1.0, address@hidden)
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(rxpipe,0.1)
AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR([RxPipeClose.c])
AM_CONFIG_HEADER([config.h])

# Checks for programs.
AC_PROG_CC

# Checks for libraries.

# Checks for header files.
AC_HEADER_STDC
AC_CHECK_HEADERS([fcntl.h stdlib.h string.h sys/time.h termios.h unistd.h])

# Checks for typedefs, structures, and compiler characteristics.
AC_C_CONST
AC_HEADER_TIME

# Checks for library functions.
AC_FUNC_FORK
AC_FUNC_MALLOC
AC_FUNC_SELECT_ARGTYPES
AC_TYPE_SIGNAL
#AC_PROG_RANLIB
AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
AC_CHECK_FUNCS([memset select strtol])
AC_OUTPUT(Makefile)

# Makefile.am

lib_LTLIBRARIES      = librxpipe.la
librxpipe_la_SOURCES = RxPipeClose.c RxPipeLoadFuncs.c RxPipeOpen.c RxPipeRead.c \
                      RxPipeSelect.c RxPipeWrite.c     RxPipe.h     rexx.h
librxpipe_la_LIBADD = RxPipeClose.o RxPipeLoadFuncs.o RxPipeOpen.o RxPipeRead.o \
                      RxPipeSelect.o RxPipeWrite.o

Please let me know what I am doing wrong.  I have read the FAQs
and other docs.

Thanks for your time.

--
William Estrada -- MrUmunhum at popdial dot com Ymessenger ID: MrUmunhum