Re: Help with differing build environments

From: Richard Wild
Subject: Re: Help with differing build environments
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 22:41:24 +0100

On Wednesday 06 Oct 2004 19:49, Geoffrey Huang wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Thanks for the response.  Yeah - I'd read about this in the manuals.  I
> don't really like the prospect of having #if statements throughout the
> code, especially since the use of the functions in question is quite
> widespread.

Write wrapper functions then, one for each function call you must deal with.
Wherever you would call one of the functions, call your wrapper function
instead which which contain the necessary #ifdefs to make your code function
correctly no matter what libraries are installed.  Then the #ifdefs are all
in one place.

Rich.