config.h question - VERSION and PACKAGE conflict

From: Carl Nicol
Subject: config.h question - VERSION and PACKAGE conflict
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 13:43:11 -0500

I am just learning to use autoconf, and I have hit upon a problem using
other packages generated by autoconf. I was wondering if there is an easy
solution for the problem.

It seems that whenever autoconf creates config.h, it defines the macros
PACKAGE and VERSION. I tried to find a switch to turn off these definitions,
but I could not find it in the documentation.

Is there any way to disable the definition of these macros or to change the
name of them?

Thanks,

Carl Nicol

Citadel Security Software