Re: Patch Review

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: Patch Review
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 18:29:32 +0100

Hello,

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 09:16:38AM -0800, Noah Misch wrote:
> I posted three patches to autoconf-patches on 10/24/2004.  Would anyone commit
> them or provide some review?
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf-patches/2004-10/
>
> Stepan Kasal also has five patches pending from late October.

I was also impatient, so I asked Paul Eggert about the patches.
He confirmed that the patches are in his inbox, so I rest assured that
they will eventually get in.

I suggest that you wait one or two more weeks.  Than poke Paul again.

BTW: I noticed that two of the five patches have a flaw; I wrote this in
a private mail to Paul:

| The AC_PATH_PROG issue [discussed on bug-autoconf recently] affects two
| of the patches I have submitted to autoconf-patches:
|         autoconf-20041027-prog_awk.patch
|         autoconf-20041027-check_prog.patch
|
| Please ignore the ``prog_awk'' patch for now.
|
| The ``check_prog'' patch is a documentation patch.  I realize now that
| it is incomplete, and I plan to submit an improved version eventually.
| But you perhaps could accept it at its current state anyway.

Regards,
        Stepan Kasal