${prefix} expansion in configure.ac ?

From: Philippe Trottier
Subject: ${prefix} expansion in configure.ac ?
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 15:58:51 +0200

I have a little trouble here, I am trying to add the destination directory "--prefix" to the library and header directorys to look in... but since I am using ${libdir} and ${includedir} I get this

CPPFLAGS=-I${prefix}/include
LDFLAGS=-L${exec_prefix}/lib

and not /home/user/include and /home/user/home ...

I am trying to get the autoconf script to be easy to install in a home directory instead of needing the "su" power to install, and also prevent the need to change LD_LIBRARY_PATH etc... etc...

Is there better way to expand ${prefix} other than using sed ?

Yours,
Phil

AC_MSG_CHECKING([prefix for libraries and headers])
AC_ARG_ENABLE([search-prefix],
       AC_HELP_STRING([--enable-search-prefix],
[search installation location for libraries and headers. [[Default=yes]]]),
       ,
       enableval="yes"
           )

if test "$enableval" = "yes" ; then