Re: GNU gperf

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: GNU gperf
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:34:28 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 07:53:37PM +0100, Davide Angelocola wrote:
> why isn't gperf supported both in autoconf and in automake as yacc and
> flex?

perhaps there is no need.  The yacc support in Autoconf means that
./configure look for 'bison -y' and byacc before defaulting to yacc;
what alternatives to gperf do you want to check for.

About Automake: I guess that the generic support described in
(automake.info)Suffixes might be enough to handle gperf sources.
If I'm wrong, please describe a concrete problem in a posting to the
automake list.

HTH,
        Stepan Kasal