Request for configure override for AC_FUNC_MALLOC

From: Marc Singer
Subject: Request for configure override for AC_FUNC_MALLOC
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:59:08 -0800

It is clear to me the intention of the AC_FUNC_MALLOC in protecting
programs from non-conforming malloc() implementations.  This
conservative feature is making it difficult to cross compile packages.

It would be helpful if there was an option to ./configure to tell the
script that even though this is a cross compilation, I know that the
malloc function is good.

What are the chances of getting this feature added to autoconf?