Re: autoconf 2.59 - Syntax error in autoreconf?

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: autoconf 2.59 - Syntax error in autoreconf?
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:08:07 -0800

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:
> "Stan Guillory" <address@hidden> writes:

>> That is the mkdir command requires two arguments, and the autoreconf
>> script was only passing one. Is this a Perl version thing?

> perlfunc(1) from perl 5.8.6 says that the second argument is optional and
> defaults to 0777.

It was optional in 5.6.1.  It was required in 4.0, or at least appears to
be from the man page.  I'm not sure where inbetween it changed, exactly;
there is no mention of a change in the perldelta documentation going back
to 5.004.

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>