Re: [Mingw-users] MSYS_PREFIX_HACK

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] MSYS_PREFIX_HACK
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 02:08:42 +0200

Hello,

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 02:42:28PM +0100, Keith MARSHALL wrote:
> I know your objective with MSYS is to provide a minimal environment
> for running `./configure && make',  [...]

> Surely, the better approach is to adapt autoconf, such that either
> the AC_INIT setting of `ac_default_prefix' is more intelligent wrt
> Win32 (or more specifically, MSYS) paths,  [...]

I agree here.

>   ac_default_prefix=`exec 2>/dev/null;cd /usr/local&&pwd -W` ||\
>     ac_default_prefix=/usr/local

This is a possible solution, but I'd like to propose something simpler:

AC_INIT reads file config.site at its initialization file.
So if the MSYS install process ensures that /usr/local/share/config.site
is present and assigns ac_default_prefix, then everything should work.

I hope this solution is acceptable to you.

Have a nice day,
        Stepan Kasal