Re: autoconf test for dllimport-ed function?

From: Angus Leeming
Subject: Re: autoconf test for dllimport-ed function?
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:05:48 +0000

On Tuesday 19 April 2005 09:17, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> You should be able to use AC_TRY_COMPILE or AC_COMPILE_IFELSE to
> create a macro, say AC_CHECK_WINDOWS_FUNCS, which does something
> like AC_CHECK_FUNCS for MSYS.
>
> Obviously, such a thing will not be very portable.  But if it turns
> out to be useful, the autoconf archive might want to include it.

Thanks for the pointer, Ralf. I guess that I'd have to reimplement
AC_LANG_FUNC_LINK_TRY(C) in AC_CHECK_FUNC.

However, it turns out that the function will actually link on older
versions of Windows, but will fail at run time (which is fine I
guess). So I don't think that I need a configure test at all.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/mslu/winprog/microsoft_layer_for_unicode_apis_with_limited_support.asp

Regards,
Angus