From: Carl Nicol
Subject: autoconf
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:06:38 -0500

I've tried to manually install autoconf, automake, libtool onto a tru64 box,
and for some reason, aclocal dies on the line

AC_PROG_LIBTOOL

It says

configure.in:14: /usr/local/bin/m4: ERROR: Reading inserted file: No such
file or directory

autom4te: /usr/local/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1

aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 1

where line 14 is AC_PROG_LIBTOOL. I'm at a loss how to get m4 to tell me
which file it cannot find.

Installed versions are

Autoconf 2.59

Automake 1.9.3