Re: more Autotest thoughts

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: more Autotest thoughts
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 10:15:11 +0200

Hi Alexandre,

* Alexandre Duret-Lutz wrote on Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 01:47:12PM CEST:
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 01:22:14PM +0200, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> >
> > I merely wonder what AT_DATA was invented for then.
>
> Keeping track of files.
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf-patches/2001-11/msg00062.html

Oh, ok.  Thank you for mentioning this.

While I'm at it, (and sorry for self-responding):

* Ralf Wildenhues wrote on Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 01:22:14PM CEST:

> When cross-compiling, there are several possible situations:

Sometimes it takes me a while to see things a bit more clearly.
The only thing the test suite needs to know is: Can we run executables
intended for $build at all or not?  This may be found out with
AC_RUN_IFELSE for once and all, and the result may be used to either
skip all executions in the testsuite or cause FAILures.

Sorry for all my fuzz earlier.  And, BTW, thanks for autotest, I'm
starting to like better the more I understand it!

Regards,