architecture tests

From: tom fogal
Subject: architecture tests
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 17:09:22 -0400

Hi all, I'm just wondering how I find out what architecture a
particular user is on? I'm trying to write a macro to search for a
particular library, and since it uses 'find' under the hood to search
for a .so file, things break when trying on OS X (where I need to
change it to search for .dylib)

On a vaguely related note, are the archives
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/) broken for anyone else?
When I click in the 'Search String' field to enter my string, it seems
as if the form is automatically submitted and I get

"Not Found

The requested URL /archive/html/>the main
index</a>.</em><!--x-search-form--><form method= was not found on this
server."

Thanks,

-tom