Re: Complex compiler/linker tests

From: Liviu Nicoara
Subject: Re: Complex compiler/linker tests
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 09:28:27 -0600

Hi Ralf,

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
* Liviu Nicoara wrote on Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 05:54:16PM CEST:

Surely.  But your example has a trivial different solution: don't write
code which depends on static inlines to be collapsed.

Writing the least common denominator code would eliminate the expressing of interesting and useful features of the language in our programs.

The example I provided is legal C++ code. Testing whether or not the compiler/linker emit/link the correct code should be a function of the infrastructure.

I am reading the autoconf, etc., m4 files trying to get a feeling on how the internal macros are written and what functionality is provided in them. So far I have not seen anything to offer support for linking a library. Do you know off the top of your head if such functionality is in there?

Thanks.
Liviu