enable/disable configure options for subpackages

From: Bob Rossi
Subject: enable/disable configure options for subpackages
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 09:50:08 -0400

Hi,

Sorry for all the questions lately, it's just, some of them I don't see
an easy answer for in the manual. If there is an easy answer to this
question, maybe I'll append a small example to the manual.

I already use, AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS to configure the readline subpackage.
However, by default the readline library builds both shared and static
libraries.
  --enable-shared         build shared libraries [default=YES]
  --enable-static         build static libraries [default=YES]

I know that when I am building the readline library, I only want the
static libraries. Is there a way to pass in --disable-shared to the
AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS?

BTW, CGDB currently doesn't use any shared libraries, so if there is a
global setting I can use, that would currently be fine.

Thanks again,
Bob Rossi