Re: how to check callback prototypes?

From: tom fogal
Subject: Re: how to check callback prototypes?
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:15:14 -0400

 <address@hidden>Sam Steingold writes:
<snip>
>so: how do I turn the warning into a failed compilation?
>(the result: above should be "no", not "yes")

Well, you could pass -Werror to the compiler, if its gcc.
Perhaps you could save CFLAGS, append -Werror, run your test, and then
restore the previous CFLAGS. That might work.

Of course, your test would break with any other compiler. Maybe a case
check: 'if gcc, use -Werror, if compilerX use <Whatever>, etc.'

not a great solution... :|
anyone else have better ideas?

-tom