creating a distro

From: Bob Rossi
Subject: creating a distro
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 18:48:39 -0400

Hi,

I was wondering, in order to create a distro via 'make dist', you have
to run configure first. Does it matter what options you give to
configure? or will the distro come out the same either way?

Also, I have a small question, I have,
   EXTRA_DIST=config $(READLINE_DIR)
in one of my Makefile.am's. However, it is picking up the
$(READLINE_DIR) from my build directory. I want it to pick up the
READLINE_DIR from my source directory. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,
Bob Rossi