includedir option

From: Ven Heusan
Subject: includedir option
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:15:58 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

For my library package, I have written 'configure'
script with includedir variable as:
   includedir='/usr/include/mylib'

My Makefile.in also has the same value for includedir

So that my header files can be installed in
"/usr/include/mylib" directory.

I first run ./configure script to generate Makefile.
And I checked includedir variable, it contains the
same value (ie, includedir='/usr/include/mylib' )

When I run make, it again runs "configure" script, but
this time it modifies configure script as:
  includedir='${prefix}/include'

So the header files will be installed into
/usr/include or /usr/local/include. But I want it to
be installed in the specified directory
(/usr/include/mylib)

Can anyone suggest me how I can achieve this?

Thanks and Regards,
Venheusan.

Note:

Here is the partial output of make:

address@hidden sysfsutils]$ make
cd . && /bin/sh /root/mylib/missing --run aclocal-1.9
 cd . && /bin/sh /root/mylib/missing --run
automake-1.9 --gnu
cd . && /bin/sh /root/mylib/missing --run autoconf
/bin/sh ./config.status --recheck
running /bin/sh ./configure   --no-create
--no-recursion
checking for a BSD-compatible install...
/usr/bin/install -c

http://mail.yahoo.com