Locating Python libs with autoconf?

From: Daniel Pekelharing
Subject: Locating Python libs with autoconf?
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 17:16:45 +0200

Hi all,

Could anyone tell me how I might go about locating the Python libs using
autoconf?

Up till recently I compiled my app with a manual Makefile,
using a command similar to the following:

gcc -I/usr/include/python2.4/ -o myapp
myapp.c /usr/lib/python2.4/config/libpython2.4.a

I am very new to autoconf and I don't really know how to go about
locating it.. it seems that python doesn't come with any m4 macros for
solving this problem, most of the other libs I need to link to (like Gtk
+) were no problem as they install their own m4 macros.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
--
Daniel Pekelharing